Saturday, May 8, 2010


I got to meet this lady named Babara Bradley, who has been traveling around the world taking pictures of other countries. Her work is beautifully done with color and lighting its amazing to look at these prints in real life. This picture is from a really bad camera I had with me and I wish it did justice to her work. The color pops out at you not soley because the richness of the subjects, nor do they look like they have been saturated. But the way she has used light from where she is paying special attention on she wants it to portray her subjects. Of the work I got to see the one on the far right was way too amazing. I wished they were slightly larger in size but they still can be appreciated. The subject I am sure is impart of a tradition of the culture but the light that surrounds her is not a flash source but captures this feeling of you have invaded upon something secret. The unknown light highlights the clothing of the garment over this individual just right that you almost have to second guess it. I am hoping she does some more work and a show soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment